You can configure report analytics to your needs giving you full control over ZiftMarcom reporting.
ZiftMarcom Reports provide you with these functions:
- Edit report allows you to configure report datasets for custom views to meet your reporting needs.
- Once you specify a report editing option as different from the default setting, this specification persists in all reports during a session (logged into ZiftMarcom) unless you either choose to return to the default setting, configure your reports differently or log out of ZiftMarcom. Always check that the data you are viewing is in the date range and set with the filters you are expecting.
- In My Reports, once the report is saved, you can edit the report without it changing the original report. Any edits can be viewed and exported and saved as new without any impact on the original report.
- Export allows you to export the data to CSV and XLS formats.
- Options allow you to Save, to Email, or to send via Secure FTP report data. Additionally, select the Settings option to link to My Reports to make changes to reports previously saved.
In this article, we will focus on Editing Reports.
You can configure report analytics to your needs by selecting Edit to bring up the Edit Criteria page, which gives you full control over ZiftMarcom reporting capabilities. The Edit Criteria page contains options for configuring report analytics.
- Select Date Range: The report will display statistics over the selected date range.
- The default setting is for 12 months. However, you have more options in the drop-down menu from which to choose (Year and Quarter selections are based on your company's fiscal year) including the option for All Time. If you make this selection the report will take a longer time to run.
- You can select a Custom Range from the calendar displays.
- Edit First Viewed Date: The First Viewed Date applies to Website Plugin Summary, Ad Campaign Summary, and Print Media Summary Only. You can set the First Viewed Date to any of the drop-down selections or custom date range. The resulting data is for those pages that were first viewed in the selected date range.
- First Viewed is the date that the Website activity was first recorded as active.
- First Viewed displays on the report page when the report has been edited to include the First Viewed date.
- Edit Selected Campaigns Criteria - The report will display metrics associated with selected active campaigns. You can select Any Campaign or Selected Campaigns. If you choose Selected Campaigns, you will need to select campaigns from the choices that display. You can remove a campaign from the report by selecting it when it displays in the Selected Campaigns box. When you choose to include and exclude Campaigns in, for example, the Partner Summary, the data will not be included in the chart. To see data in chart format for a campaign in a Campaign-filtered General Summary report, for example, you will need to use Set Report Groupings to choose Campaign or any other Group-By filter(s) to produce a chart report.
- Edit Selected Partners Criteria - This report will display metrics that are associated with partners that meet selected criteria. When you choose to include and exclude Partners in, for example, the Partner Summary, the data will not be included in the chart. To see data in chart format for a Partners in a Partner-filtered General Summary report, you will need to use the Set Report Groupings to choose Quarter or any other Report Grouping to produce a chart report. You can select from the following options:
- All Partners - no additional selections are needed. Running a report with all partners will require longer to run than a report with selected partners.
- Selected Partners - Click in the search box to display your partners or type in the partner name for suggested matches. Select the partners for the report.
- Partners that Meet Criteria. If you choose Partners that Meet Criteria, you will need to select criteria from the choices that display. Note if you make selections within multiple categories, the system will pull records only for the selected choices using an AND statement. Multiple selections within a single category will pull records using an OR statement. For example, if you choose to select data from two different categories, Theater and Country, the system will pull records that have both the selected Theaters and Countries. If you select data points within the category of Theater and Countries, the system considers it an OR statement and will pull data for all the situations that meet the data points. For example:
- Theater: Americas selected
- Country: United States, Canada selected
- The records will only be pulled if the partner has the Americas theater marked on their account AND are located in the United States OR Canada. Countries like Mexico or any other country with the Americas theater designation would not be included in the pull. The more AND statements you have the fewer records you will see.
- Set Report Groupings (not available on all reports) - The data from the report can be displayed in groups up to three layers deep.
- Select your grouping choices from the drop down menu.
- Use the + to add up to three grouping selections.
- Using groups is the only way to custom configure reporting to reveal charts and data.
- After the report runs you will be able to choose how the data is displayed.
- The options for the groupings will vary depending on the report chosen. You can focus on partners vs. geographic locations vs. campaigns etc.
- You can use a shortcut to change report groupings when one or more of the Group-By options is selected and the configuration is saved. The Group-By filter is then accessible from a link on any configured Report under the functional buttons Edit Report, Export, Option and Help at the top right of the Report.
- By default, when you choose to group a report by two or three categories, the final grouping category is collapsed much like a folder in any file system. In grouped reports, this folder action is applicable to the Default Grouping. In Partner, Campaign, Email or Web Plugin reports the default grouping is considered the last of the Group-By levels. The common ▶ icon signifies that the data in the column to its right can be unfolded to list the items within the next grouping category/column.
- Edit Selected Distributors Criteria - The report will display statistics that are associated with Distributors/Suppliers that meet the criteria selected. You can select No Distributors, All Distributors, or Selected Distributors. If you choose Selected Distributors, you will need to select distributors from the choices.
After selecting your preferences Apply the changes.